[Synthetic Biology] Strain engineer positions
pxu999 at gmail.com
Tue May 25 17:55:31 PDT 2021
A friend's company in San Francisco is looking for strain engineers or
A venture backed, early-stage food tech and synbio company in the SF bay
area (peninsula) is seeking a Scientist, Strain Development to join the R&D
group - an interdisciplinary team of designers, scientists, engineers, and
chefs. We are looking for a curious, analytic, collaborative, and creative
“can-do” problem solver. You will be working within a team to innovate and
create new products. This role will build strain variants libraries and
develop molecular biology tools to improve target compounds titer.
● The day to day duties include performing experiments employing molecular
biology techniques for projects aimed at commercializing proteins,
carbohydrates, fat/lipids and small molecules. The successful candidate
will be involved in all the steps required for strain construction and
testing including molecular cloning & cell transformation, genomic sequence
verification, small scale testing, data analysis, interpretation, reporting
and follow up discussions. .
● Ph.D. or Post-doc in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering or
● 5+ years of research or development experience in strain development with
industrial important host organisms (model and/or non-model hosts),
relevant experiences in bioprocess development and fermentation a plus.
● a deep knowledge of and hands on experience in molecular biology,
bacterial / fungal physiology, protein expression / secretion and/or
experience in cell sorting/ flow cytometry/microfluidics techniques for
● Strong publications and patents demonstrated in strain development,
● Bioinformatic experience with omics tools (genomics, transcriptomics,
proteomics) and experience with robotics and high-throughput screening are
● The successful candidate will have proven knowledge of computational and
statistical methods for data analysis, strong communication skills and the
ability to work in multidisciplinary teams.
● Self starter with the ability to thrive in a diverse, dynamic and
● Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to
thrive working as part of a team.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to our recruiter by email:
FoodtechSF at gmail.com
Lab homepage: https://pengxulab.weebly.com/
Google scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=vqLnxtEAAAAJ&hl=en
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the announce